Snowflake Training / Course
Now that you are convinced Cloud Data warehouse is for real, How do I get started? The internet has tons of free resources for getting started in Data Warehousing. Feeling overwhelmed with too much information and chaos that we don't know exactly where to start or what to read. Beginners need a small end-to-end project to grasp the principles
- Understand Data Warehousing in general and its best practices
- Understand Dimensional modeling used in Data Warehousing
- Understand the basics of Cloud and the Cloud Data Warehousing
- Understand Snowflake Data Warehouse Architecture and its functions
- Practice Real-world end-to-end projects
- Help you build your portfolio and provide free access to this helpful community where thousands of other beginners and pros and hacking together
The Snowflake Course has two real end-to-end projects that you can work on from your laptop and it would give you a good intro to the data Warehousing concepts.
Data Warehousing Myths:
Before we begin our journey, let us bust some myths about machine learning and spread some positive vibes:
- You do not have to understand everything. Gulping in all the data modeling, data analysis can be overwhelming. So do not try to take them all at once, its okay if you don't get it in the first place, just move on with the tutorial you will learn organically.
- You do not need that Ph.D. degree in statistics to be a Data engineer and you do not have to understand all the intrinsic mechanisms.
- You do not need to be a SQL Developer. The syntax of the SQL is intuitive. Try to relate and understand the code, This will get you most of the way. So, Just get started and dive into the details later
What is Cloud Data Warehousing?
A data warehouse is a system that pulls together data from many different sources within an organization for reporting and analysis. The data warehouse is then used by the management to generate reports that aid decision making.
Cloud Data Warehouse is the process of building a highly scalable, highly resilient organizational data store on the cloud. There are several cloud data warehouse solutions including Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, ...
How Data Warehousing is different from Data Science?
Data Warehouse is all about bringing the organization's data in one place, a single version of truth the company can use for its analytics. Whereas Data Science involves using platforms like Data Warehouse and doing predictive analytics.
Data Warehouse can serve,
- For traditional reporting - Tableau, Cognos, BO Reports
- For Predictive analytics / Machine learning
- Data exploration/mining with tools like SAS, R, Python
So, A Data Warehouse is a company's asset which can serve for retrospective reporting as well as aid as a platform for predictive reporting as well.